Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lamar Trip

Before we got started on our big Colorado vacation, my parents and I went to visit my Grandma in the nursing home. Grandma looks exactly the same as she ever did... and she still refuses to wear her teeth.



Here is what was on the wall of the hotel room where we stayed. The Country Acres and RV Park in Lamar has eight themed rooms and a lot for RVs. It is far and away the best place in Lamar to stay, in my opinion. We stayed in the Space Room.



Here's more of the room. The shelves holding up such things as the alarm clock, the TV and the microwave, as well as the headboards, were all cut from an old satellite dish. Very cool. Now that is "retro."



Here I am with my Grandma. She is such a ham. She was blowing kisses at the camera.



We also found some time to visit my dear departed Grandpa. He would have been 95 this year. I think he could have lived that long, too. Getting sick when you're old just isn't easy, I guess. I miss Grandpa.

1 comment:

  1. This is so moving and precious. It makes me miss my family as well. Your Grandma is beautiful, so please tell her the next time you see here. Glad you had another opportunity to spend time with her!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete