Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Closing Weekend, Part 2

Closing day at Copper was a blast. For those who haven't seen a closing day, there are fun costumes, warm weather, music, and good times. The day started at the bed and breakfast in Frisco. This was our second time staying at the B&B, this time we got a patio room. Here we are enjoying the patio in the morning.

Photobucket

The day started off with a trip up American Eagle and then a suprise ride on Excelerator that took us to what is almost the top of the mountain. This picture taken later in the day shows the Ski Patrol Hut at top of the lift.

Photobucket

After a brief warm up run, I was in for my first suprise of the day. Our next destination was up three lifts, the previously mentioned American Eagle, Excelerator, and then a lift neither Meghann nor I had ridden, Storm King. Here is Meghann at the base of the lift and then again getting off.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For those of you who ski, yes that is a Poma Lift, yes it has significant elevation gain (unlike any other Poma I have ridden), and yes it is probably the toughest lift I have ever been on. I don't remember the T-bars and J-bars that well, but this was a challenge. What it meant however was not only would we be skiing a new black, we got a new lift, and still hadn't met Meghann's goal of going on Super Bee.

Here we are at the top of Storm King looking over the bowls. While we didn't ski any of the bowls this year, it is not far off.

Photobucket

The trip down was captured on video so I unfortunately do not have any pictures to show. We skied to the base and took a nice lunch before our ride up Super Bee. Word of advice, closing day is not the best time to go to the resturants, they run low on food at that point. Then again, it felt just like being back at the Taco Bell overseas. To add to that feeling, we had a nice visit from some friends later in the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It seems that I just can't get away from them.

Here we are riding up Super Bee, a six person high speed lift. Goal Accomplished!!!

Photobucket

Finally, me having a little bit of last run of the season fun.

Photobucket

(If you think I look scary in the picture, the sight was even worse in person) All in all, it was a wonderful end to a ski season I wasn't sure I would get to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment