Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tales of a new CHU

Moving into a brand new, only sat around for two years waiting to be installed, Wet CHU has been an experience. On the plus side, I got more space, a sink, and a toilet/shower that I share with one other person. On the downside, it took a few days to get the internet installed, they had to replace the smoke detectors with models that are hardwired in addition to having a battery backup (I trust the battery much more than I trust the power, so that in and of itself was rather humerous), and had to fix a leaking shower. Why someone once felt the need to drill holes in the shower lip, I will never know. The newest problem however took the cake for being down right funny. Fortunately I have pictures to share this expeperience with everyone else.

First, a close up shot of my new door. It later got the same day sleeper sign added that was on my old door.

Photobucket

Next, a picture of the problem:
Photobucket

And a close up of the after shot of both the door and the handle:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Note that the handle is solid metal as it the part still left in the door. How this snapped I will never know. I came back from work one day and noticed that the handle had an extra space that hadn't been there when I left. Did someone try to break in, probably not.

So I put in a trouble ticket and got this as a replacement.

Photobucket

After getting the new door handle installed, I noticed that my neighbor already has the new door handle. Guess his had already broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment