Friday, February 26, 2010

Care Package

Ok so everyone has been asking what I need here and I keep saying "Nothing, we can get everything we could want here on base. I just enjoy hearing from you and knowing what is going on back home." Generally this is followed by a description of how there is a long aisle of snacks at the PX, and if I wanted, they also sell PS3/Xbox360/46" HDTV/... (pick one). Well, I was proven wrong just a few days ago. Some friends from England sent a care package, and I can get none of these things here, but then again I can get none of the in the US either (without trying really hard). So I will now amend my answer to state if you can find something that you normally can't get in the states, it can be a very welcome suprise.

The contents of this package suprised me enough that I decided to take pictures and show everyone else. (Prior warning, a young boy helped pick out the items and it shows. Which of course means that it works perfectly for boys of any age.)

First, a fun card that made me think of time spent together and passed along some kind words.

Photobucket

Next, a box of tea to enjoy while in my CHU. I have heard of the brand but never tasted it, so I am looking forward to trying.

Photobucket

A variety of digestives cookies I have never seen or tried:

Photobucket

Some hot cocoa mixes, again never even heard of the brand:

Photobucket

Cadbury chocolates, makes me think of Easter and creme eggs.

Photobucket

And some assorted other goodies:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I appologize for the bluriness of all the photos, but the lighting in a CHU while sufficient for doing anything you want normally does not lend itself to taking pictures without the flash. With the flash everything was washed out, so it was either see glare or live with some blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment