Thursday, December 17, 2009

Heading into the Office

So today (16 December, yes I know that isn't really today but I will pretend) I went into the office to get to know what is going on and complete some of the paperwork. Upon waking, I arranged some of my stuff and took pictures of the area. You will now get to see my desk.

Photobucket
Me after getting settled in my CHU

Photobucket
The Desk, it reminds me of college.

Photobucket
My CHU from the outside

Photobucket
Other CHUs in my area

Photobucket
Do you get the feeling they don't want you to swim?

Photobucket
A close up so you can get an idea just how serious they are about not swimming.

At lunchtime I got picked up and went over to the DFAC for my first meal at a DFAC in Speicher. I have now eaten at DFAC's in three different locations, Ft. Benning, BIAP and now Speicher. After eating, I was off to our office for paperwork. After that, it was back to the CHU to wait for dinner.

One of the guys picked me up for dinner and it was back over to the DFAC. The food is generally very good, with some exceptions that are to be expected. Things can get a little dry if has to be kept hot (think pizza), but other things have been very impressive. Options include Ribs, Stir Fry, Lasagna, ... Overall, it is easy to see why it would be possible to gain a significant amount of weight.

Work went somewhat smoothly, I will be in the ground station for the next few weeks so I got my first practice last night. For the most part, I just observed, but I did spend some time on the radio with our aircraft, and helping set up the computers.

If you have been reading the previous posts, you will notice a common trend. < Insert Name Here > stops by and picks me up. Well, that problem is solved in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment