Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Journey Part II

Great news, I was able to get on the flight Space "A". I should be headed to my quarters tonight. More promises of details and pictures to follow. I will update this post once I am at my final destination.

Added 17 December:

Ok, so updating things when I arrived was a little optimistic. I caught the Space "A" flight with no problems. It was a C-130 carrying six passnegers. All of us were in our body armor and helmets since they are required when flying on a military aircraft. The cabin was the standard cloth web seating that is oh so unfomfortable but at least we could spread out. Once again, the cabin was darkened, but this time there was a little more light in the form of several green bulbs of low intensity. Having very few windows, there was nothing to do but sit back, and relax as best possible.

Upon arriving at Speicher, I was met by two of the people from my program and given a ride to my temporary living quarters.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Containerized Housing Unit (CHU, pronounced chew) is pretty spartan at this time. I have a wooden plywood desk (not pictured), a bed, some amriores, and a couple of night stand like pieces. Additionally there is an HVAC unit and some carpet. Since I am flight crew, there is a nice sign on the door saying, don't bother me until 1500. As said, this is a temporary location until one of the other folks leaves at which point I will move over with the rest of the team. All in all, the accomidations will be about the same, just located in a different area. The big problem with updating the blog however was that the internet was down. Doh!



Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment