Thursday, December 17, 2009

Transportation

As I alluded to in the last post, there was a plan to remove the requirement that I be picked up in order to go anywhere. The program has several vehicles, so one was provided to me after mid rats on my first night in the ground station. Until I move over with the rest of the people, I will have a Toyota Hilux truck dedicated to my useage. Of course there are about 500 of these trucks on base, so finding the right truck can prove to be a bit of a challenge sometimes. Without further adu, my truck:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(These pictures were taken the next day)

Now some of you just fell off your chair and onto the floor in a fit of laughter. For those of you who aren't in on the joke, I have (had) never driven a vehicle with a manual transmission. Word of advice to everyone, learn to drive a manual transmission ASAP so that you do not find yourself in a foreign country, at night, alone, and on dirt/gravel/asphalt roads learning. Fortunately, the process didn't take more than about ten minutes to get proficient enough that I was willing to drive to the DFAC the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment