Sunday, December 27, 2009

My New CHU

So several days ago I moved into my new CHU that is located near the rest of my program. The new room is smaller, but has a nicer interior. The reason for the size difference is that the old room was designed for two people whereas this one is designed for one and therefore half the size. The biggest downside is that this room does not have a desk. The lack of a desk makes browsing the internet, typing, and chatting on skype all very interesting (see photo later for how I manage). I plan to go the college route and make a desk from some plastic drawers and plywood but haven't gotten around to it yet. I am sure that I will probably procrastinate until I have just a short time left. Another option is to get a desk from the PX area, but that option is a little more costly.

Here is the interior of my CHU before I got settled. Notice the nicer walls and furniture.


Photobucket
A door that seals much better than the last CHU. This one doesn't swing open when it is unlocked.

Photobucket


And then again once I had arranged this as best I could. I don't know what will be more welcome, a place to type or more drawers for my clothing.

Photobucket
The commputer on the night stand. Fortunately, I have a small computer so it fits rather well.

Photobucket

The area looks about the same as my last location, dirt, dirt, and you guessed it more dirt. The other area did have more boardwalks connecting rooms which was nice. When it rains the walk here can be a bit messy, or at night the gravel will make more noise than is ideal. All in all, when you are complaining about the lack of boardwalks between rooms, it is a sign that you aren't roughing it too badly.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, love it. Reflective belt, priceless... oh, and the fire evacuation plan since I have done a few of those silly things JUST like that at US Navy bases.

    -Your Pal, Bobby "Bubba" Tilley

    ReplyDelete